Lectures - seminars - celebrations
The Printing Museum WEISS offers an inspiring atmosphere for your event due to its extraordinary architecture and the charming interplay of historical printing technology and modern interior design. Present yourself, your company or your products in a unique combination of technology and modernity.
On the upper floor, in addition to the multimedia room "Im Tiegel", a modernly equipped museum bistro awaits you, where guests can be spoilt with culinary delights.
We would be pleased to organise a gastronomic offer for you.
The modern multimedia room "Im Tiegel", in the heart of the museum, offers the special setting with a creative atmosphere for your event.
- Up to 50 seats
- Tables, flip chart, metaplan wall, presentation case
- Screen: 320 x 240 cm
- Beamer resolution: 1920 x 1200 pixel
- Blu-ray player
- Internet access
- Connections for external sources laptop, camera, USB stick, blu-ray)
- Microphone system
- Dolby-Surround System
Book the museum as a location for seminars, receptions, lectures, company parties, family celebrations, your own film screenings and much more!
Room rental (incl. available technology, staff, final cleaning)
Half day (max. 4 hours) 125 € plus VAT
Full day (max. 8 hours) 250 € plus VAT
Guided tour of the museum with detailed background knowledge from antiquity to the present digital age, incl. film screening "Zeitdruck", printing of a certificate of participation on our historical "Noodle" and the creation of a personal bookmark with Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Number of participants per group: 8 - 25 people
Costs: 4 €/person plus 35 €/group tour flat rate
- 5 €/Person
- At least 15 participants
- Duration 2.5 hours each
How do you make a book?
Recommended age: 5 - 12 years old
- Short, age-appropriate museum tour
- Production of an inner part of a book in relief printing, flat printing and gravure printing
- Printing the book cover on a historic "Nudel" proofing press
- Collating the book cover with the inner part
- Production of your own bookmark with hieroglyphics or the mini-printing
- Löwenzahn film "Peter hat es schwarz auf weiß"
- Final discussion and send-off
Egypt and its secret writing characters
Recommended age: 8 - 12 years old
- Film "Zeitdruck"
- Museum conference
- Cultures of the Antiquity (Egypt)
- Hieroglyphs and writing materials
- Gutenberg and his invention
- Stamp your own bookmarks in Egyptian hieroglyphics
- Hieroglyphs with pen and ink
- The Hieroglyphic Alphabet / Numbers in Hieroglyphics
- Papyrus (this activity depending on available time)
- Papyrus bracelet or amulet of felt, paper, raffia and glue
- Final discussion
Making papyrus paper yourself
Recommended age: 10 - 12 years old
One of the oldest blotter pads is papyrus, which is made from the papyrus plant. In this workshop, each participant creates a real papyrus sheet using the traditional technique, which is then decorated with colourful hand-painted motifs. Hieroglyphics written with reed pens are another possibility to give your own work of art a special touch. Furthermore, the pupils are given a short tour of the museum and print on a historical "Nudel" proofing press themselves.
Cost per pupil 5 € plus 2 € for material costs.
Children's birthday parties
An exciting, creative workshop including an age-appropriate museum tour and a colourful birthday table awaits your.birthday child and his guests. You can buy beverages for 1.00 €/glass. You are welcome to bring cake with you.
Has the birthday child already participated in the workshop? Then a private film showing is a great alternative!
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Participants: a maximum of 10 children (2 accompanying adults free-of-charge)
- Costs: 85 € plus beverage consumption
- For children from 5 to 10 years old
We are currently only holding children's birthday parties as film events.
We ask for your understanding!